Meth or ‘P’ screening test – laboratory result.
There are three usual types of meth tests. We include full written reports, dated and with photos.
– A meth Field Composite screening assessment – the usual and most common type of sampling – that gives a cumulative level of contamination, if any, throughout the house.
– Lab Composite sampling. Every room is sampled individually and the result is an average of all the samples. Cost is more than a Field Composite. Individual results can be quickly extracted at the lab for an extra fee, without the need to re-visit the property.
– If contamination is detected, it is recommended to do a Detailed or Distinct Area meth sampling – and can refer you to companies for any remediation or cleaning work needed.
– Pre and Post-decontamination (Detailed) sampling and reports as per NZ Standards from our authorised samplers.
Instant On-site testing
– An instant results on-site sampling that gives a yes or no for detection of meth, no level given. Process as per NZ Standards.
Price start at $225 inc gst. and depend on how big the house is, how many tests / swabs are needed, and travel time if any.
In-depth Detailed Meth Tests
We work with IANZ and NIOSH certified Laboratories who measure the level of meth contamination in each individual sample.
If the Screening Test is positive (or inconclusive) for meth contamination, more detailed testing is recommended.
More detailed sampling involves getting samples from the various areas in the house tested, and determining the level of contamination in each room or area.
A full written report is provided.
Any rooms or areas that are over the NZ Standards level of 1.5mcg/100cm2, require some sort of remediation or cleaning. (This may change, but as of now, NZ Standards still apply)
We are happy to consult on remediation options, or refer you to companies that do the work.
We do not do cleaning or remediation ourselves.